Saturday, April 3, 2010

Camera Straps

A friend asked if I could make her a cover for her camera strap.  Sure, no problem, right?!  Said friend wanted it backed in Minky.  What is Minky you ask?  It’s a fabulously soft fabric that makes you want to roll up in it and go to sleep.  It’s like a cloud.  It is also horrible to sew with!  That stuff has a mind of its own.  You want it to go one way, it goes the other way.  Needless to say, the Minky nearly made me lose what is left of my mind. 

So I threatened it.  Heavily.  With lots and lots of pins.  I finally beat the Minky into submission and now it has become part of a lovely camera strap.  I shall put the Minky back in the closet now, but secretly I want a whole blanket made out of it so I can curl up and take a nap.

 

Here are the straps.  The one on the left is the final one.  :)  The 2nd one is an extra one I couldn’t resist making.  The 3rd and 4th ones are test ones that are too cute not to send, too.  However, the 3rd one is a bit bigger than the rest….hey, it was a test one! 

DSC08075

 

 

 DSC08076 DSC08077

DSC08078DSC08079

Look at that cute, soft, unassuming Minky on the back of the strap.  It may look innocent enough, but it’s my sewing room nemesis now. 

DSC08084

1 comment:

  1. The straps truly are BEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL!!!!! You need to open an Etsy shoppe making straps just like this... ya know, backed with minkee!! Now, wouldn't that be wonderful??? And I love your choices of fabriccs!!!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete